Friday 1 March 2013

WEIRD? NO, DIFFERENT.

Strange, Eccentric, Unusual, Weird, DIFFERENT!



I never watched the Sound of Music (It made little Onyi cringe, Oo no!)
I couldn't ever sit through the Lion King (I'd like to see it now on broadway though, Any takers?)
I only ever read 5 disney classics; Rapunzel, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty, Snow white and Beauty & the Beast. 
I spent most of my time as a child reading newspapers, books on the history of Nigeria and playing shop. I loved shop invoices so I turned my exercise books into invoices and pretended to sell goods to imaginary friends, Oo dear! (Weird?) 
In high school, my days highlight was usually finishing my Maths speed work tests before my other classmates even read the question 

Fast forward to the present day,

I think through things logically and work out the best solutions. Lights, Cameras, Action! Hi there, Spontaneity. I choose to be spontaneous, almost every-time (completely counteracting my thought process)
I walk like I'm on a runway every second of the day (Yes! In my head I'm some sort of Naomi Campbell protégé)
I frown a lot but I am also always laughing, I joke about too many things (How does that even work out?) 
I love to sit in my room and drink a whole bottle of wine alone because I love how outside the box my thoughts are when I'm a tad intoxicated.
I forgive too easily, I'm not trying to be self-righteous but I bear no grudges. If you could see through me right now, my only worry would probably be needing to call my Grand-ma more often.
I love to wear bright colours, I change my hair colour every time I'm unsure about how to tackle the lemons life throws at me.
I'm happiest when I fall in Love. I love new things, I might be one of the only people in the world that loves change.
I could go on and on about myself but i'll stop here (LOL)

Over lunch with my friend a few days ago, every time he asked me something about myself and I knew  "unusual" me would come up with a head in the clouds like answer, I just replied "I'm really weird, I don't know" I think after a while he noticed and he said to me "There's different types of weird, some weird is good. If you weren't a little weird, what would make you different?" 
It's alright to be who you are, its alright to express yourself in the best way you deem fit, its alright to not be interested in what everyone is gassed about, its alright to not be in the in-crowd.

It's alright to be different,
Its alright to be YOU.

Love, 

Onyi.  



No comments:

Post a Comment