Wednesday 6 March 2013

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND

I thought to share one of my favourite poems by  John Donne with everyone;

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

It's one of my favourite poems because it reinforces the importance of human relations. It reinforces the fact that no matter how alone we feel sometimes, we are really never alone, there is always that one person or that group of people that have our better interests at heart.

Have a good day everyone.

Love,

Onyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment