Sunday 3 March 2013

REMINISCENT OF THE GREATEST MAN I KNOW.

Before I went on vacation last year, I tried to change my hair colour.
I got it done in Lagos, Nigeria and as expected, it didn't turn out right (LOL). I was hoping for a red with a burgundy-esque undertone but what I got was something along the lines of a burnt orange. Oo! I totally hated it.

The picture above is the best one I could find of myself alone. Yes, I hated it that much. Once I was back in England I tried to fix it and I got the perfect colour I wanted! I was so excited, it was perfect for my skin tone. Not too bright, just right. But seeing as I have African hair, I am not a pop star and the colour got brighter with every wash, I got tired of having to spend a fortune re-dying at every visit to the hair salon. I decided to go back to my natural hair colour, brown. I changed my mind on my way to the salon and decided to go the Jet black route instead.

Jet black hair is reminiscent of my Grand-Pa, the great Emmanuel Aguma. I don't think I ever saw a grey strand in his mane. As a child, I remember watching him in front of his mirror applying the local black dye to his hair. In the 17 years my Grand-Pa was around me, he mainly wore white clothes. Thinking about it now, he might be the most "swagged-out" man I know, with my Daddy in a close second place (LOL). 

My post today is me trying to embody my Grand-Pa but being the colour-obsessed person I am, I had to add a pop of colour with my camisole and shoes.

Take 1

Take 2

P.S I promise to bring more adventurous photos, I was in a rush last night. My apologies for the bad lighting.

Love,

Onyi.

2 comments:

  1. You're right. I don't think Gramps ever had a strand of grey. Like ever! You look gorge! And I love your blog... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! The best man, really

    Thanks Sotum.

    ReplyDelete