Saturday 30 March 2013

FREEDOM


I walked a distance today,
An effort to clear my mind and perhaps find worthy inspiration,
Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!
Oo, the joys of freedom.

My body is free, 
But my mind.. my mind is not free, I think.
Sometimes I feel like a slave, a slave to my emotions.
I can't have it all.

In my little stroll,
The one with whom I have created an unforgettable memory keeps springing up in thought,
Can I not have a moment alone?
A moment of clarity? 

This is the bitter cup of a fixation,
The inability to be expressive,
The power of a subject so fickle,
For fear of letting the guard down and shattering the just re-built wall.

This cage the mind is bolted in is self created,
For any recurrent thought is so because the mind allows it,
As I take steps in the wind,
I find that indeed both mind and body in unison sing The Joys of Freedom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment