Wednesday 13 March 2013

DOWNGRADED, I'M HAPPIER

I've been trying to expatiate on bits I highlighted whilst reading Chinua Achebe's "There was a Country" hence why I haven't put anything up in what seems like an eternity. I want that post to be close to perfection, I pray it turns out so.

I keep my diary from 2012 as far away as possible from me but today I felt really guilty. I just started this blog and I'd gone a whole week without posting? Now, that's bad! So, I brought it out from the hidden dungeon where I locked it up and I started scanning through the pages. Last year I read a lot of Inspirational write-ups, Chicken soup for the soul was a great uplifter.



I read a story out of it where the story teller tells how she downgraded her lifestyle, more time with family, less time with life's frivolities and she was much happier. At the time, I totally related and even now when almost everything feels rosy, I still relate. It's the little things in life that make us happy. My loudest laughs have been from sitting down in the living room with family, catching up/making jokes about past/present occurrences.

My diary entry on the day when I read this was REALLY cheesy but I'll still share,
  • "Everyday when I wake up, in spite of everything I think is wrong, I still thank God for giving me a heart large enough to love, soft enough to forgive and strong enough to an extent, persevere"
  • "I think one of my new goals is to make at least one person smile daily, nothing beats making people happy really"
Just as the earth has weather seasons, our lives have changing seasons too.
Remember, the cold winter turns into the warm spring,
So when a gloomy forecast comes, welcome optimism in,
And dwell on the fact that, the joy in life is that the pain will not last forever.

Love,

Onyi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment