Wednesday 24 July 2013

HALF OF A YELLOW SUN!!


Finally, the trailer for the movie adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Half of a yellow sun (One of my favourite books ever) has been released. Some clips from the trailer look a bit too modern for Nigeria in the 1960's & I don't think it has enough of the local flavour but I am still very excited to see the visuals of a piece of work I've pictured in my mind for a long time.
I still wish Nse Ikpe-Etim was cast as Kainene & maybe Genevieve Nnaji as Olanna but it doesn't look like Thandie Newton & Anika Noni Rose did a bad job. Chinwetel Ejiofor delivering a perfect Nigerian accent, Amazing! YES! This is how I always pictured Professor Odenigbo.
I cannot wait for the movie premiere, extremely excited. Finally, the kids get to watch an interesting movie on Nigeria in History class.

Onyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment