Monday 8 July 2013

2 MONTHS AWAY? NEVER AGAIN

When you start something, it's imperative that you are bursting with ideas and are very passionate. You know you need that Oomph if you are thinking "This must be long term"
I haven't blogged in almost 2 months partly because most of the things I've written lately haven't had the Oomph effect on me/ sometimes I think are too personal (Common I'm not running an emotions diary, LOL) and also because a lot of things have been going on in my general day-to-day life.

I blogged earlier on about being very nervous about my Second year at university. I wrote my last exam on the 14th of May and in all honesty, I got so paranoid that I'd been awful in all my exams. I needed my results to be out as quickly as possible. Thankfully, those are out now & I can eat & have as much fun as I want without thoughts of failure crossing my mind. I made it through!!
The summer's been full of job interviews ( I should've sorted out an Internship earlier on but I chose to procrastinate), catching up with old friends and generally just exploring.

I woke up one morning, my phone refused to come on, my computer's hard drive crashed & my tablet refused to charge (Damn you! technology). One of the most annoying days ever considering life is so techy in this age. I hadn't backed up my hard drive before it became corrupt so that just threw me off as I'd just lost all my documents. At that point, I was over technology. Thankfully again, I got a new phone free of charge (God bless you, Apple!), sorted out my laptop situation and I'm back in love with technology. I just need to somehow time travel and attempt re-writing my lost work (almost impossible but worth a try).

Oo & the best summer story thus far; I'd just had dinner with some friends at a new American diner in Covent Garden, Shake Shack (If you haven't been already, you should try it out!), tried out new Macaroon flavours at Laduree, watched magic tricks in Covent Garden, gasped at all the things going on, on that Saturday night in Leicester Square. Been a little naughty in Soho & finally gone to get yummy fro-yo at Snog and fruit tea from Bubbleology. In short, I'd just doubled up on my London love. Then a man walks up to us and asks if I like magic, he looked drunk so I laughed, he said a few other things and we walked off. A few minutes later, I dip my hand in my bag to get my phone out & bam! It had disappeared (I'm not the only one that had lost something, by the way). I've never been superstitious before but that moment called for crazy theories. My love affair with the city that day had alas ended & I'm a zillion times more careful.

Anyway, I'm back in full swing now. It's of utmost importance to me that I blog at least once a week. Summer time comes with lots of adventure so I hope to be sharing a lot on here. I hope everyone has a lovely summer & creates lots of memories.

Lots of Summery love,

Onyi

No comments:

Post a Comment