Thursday 21 February 2013

EXPRESSION

I’ve had Tracy Chapman’s “Baby Can I hold you”, Big Mountain’s “Baby, I love your way” and Bob Marley’s “I wanna love you” on repeat for a while now. I love Classic love songs, I love to write letters to people I love; I guess that explains my obsession/fascination by the lyrics of these songs.
What completely fascinates me is the huge smile plastered across my face every time I listen to these songs, I feel like I’ve been transported to a different realm. One filled with happiness, joy, sharing, self-appreciation, LOVE.

Tracy Chapman’s “Baby Can I hold you” brings memories back to me. “Maybe if I told you the right words at the right time, you’ll be mine” Ever felt like you let good things go by because you held back too much? You didn’t just let the words out because you were scared of the outcome?
Life has taught me to take chances. Words are better expressed than left unsaid, whatever the outcome be. I love the person people I love make me become. I love how selfless I become; I love how ready I am to make sacrifices; I love how vulnerable I am for them; I love how in touch I become with my humanity. I was watching videos of Tracy Chapman performing live a while ago and I was in AWE. I preferred her live performances to her studio recordings, how is that even possible? She exuded innocence. Minimalism at its finest and Oo still so beautiful!

TRACY CHAPMAN
I love the feel good vibe Big Mountain’s “Baby, I love your way” and Bob Marley's “I wanna love you" give. Every time I listen, I imagine someone I am totally smitten by reading them out as poems to me. I live for expression. I feel like our life sojourn is too short to not express ourselves. Obviously, there are some things we need to hold back because they may not be of value to us or the people around us but everything with a positive impact, everything that spreads joy should be SHARED!
I keep wishing I was born in the Bob Marley era, I wish I saw him perform live. I love how his work has incredible content yet gives off such a feel good, chill vibe. Truly, Bob Marley is a legend.


I love how easy the advancement of technology has made our lives but I hate how lazy its made us become. I miss the days when people penned me letters/poems. I had a girls' weekend with a close friend a few weekends ago and she had a letter box. She had stored up all the letters people had sent her over the years. When she showed me the letters I had written her, I became really nostalgic. I wished I had kept mine. Life's unpredictability makes it necessary to preserve every good memory we have.

Do something spontaneous today. Verbally express yourself to someone, or even go an extra mile and write. Spread the gospel of love today and always.

Love,

Onyi.  



No comments:

Post a Comment